REQUEST FOR SESSION PROPOSALS FOR ANNUAL STATEWIDE HOMELESSNESS CONFERENCE
The Arizona Coalition to End Homelessness (AZCEH) cordially invites speakers to submit a proposal to present at our Annual Statewide Homelessness Conference at the Black Canyon Conference Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
We are seeking local, community-based presenters representing diverse backgrounds, roles, responsibilities, and experiences in serving homeless populations. We strongly encourage submissions representing geographic diversity including rural, suburban and urban areas.
The workshops presented at the conference are intended to strengthen Arizona’s capacity to end homelessness through strengthening provider organizations, practical application of innovative as well as time-tested strategies that have resulted in successfully ending homelessness and building the skills of helping professionals of all levels of organizations.
More than 400 individuals will attend the conference over the two days. They represent a diverse background including direct service providers, program managers, executives and Board Members, advocates, school liaisons, policy makers and individuals concerned with the issue of homelessness. Attendees will be arriving from all parts of the state of Arizona. Presentation Criteria
Sessions will attract up to 80 participants and last 90 minutes in duration. Please allow time for questions and answers. Presenters are expected to be engaging and provide a productive learning environment for participants. All presenters will be responsible for the duplication of session handout materials. AZCEH will notify selected presenters of the estimated session attendance prior to the conference.
AZCEH will provide all necessary technology to accommodate PowerPoint presentations including lap-tops and projectors. Presenters will need to arrive with the presentation on their own data storage device. Presenters are also required to email AZCEH any handouts and PowerPoint presentation by a week before the conference date.
Approximately 25 workshops will be convened over the two days of the conference. AZCEH reserves the right to engage potential presenters outside of the RFP process as it sees fit to support the goals of the conference.
All submissions will be reviewed and selected based on the criteria below. All persons submitting will be notified of the outcome of the Review Panel’s decision.
- Presentation clearly addresses at least one of the Areas of Focus. The Review Panel encourages proposals that target a single focus area rather than a cross-section – up to 20 points.
- Presentation objectives are clearly defined – up to 15 points
- Presentation clearly targets a primary audience (Management levels, Direct Service, Advocates/Policy Makers, School Liaisons) – up to 15 points
- Presentation clearly addresses a critical issue related to homelessness – up to 20 points
- Participants will clearly receive tangible benefits regarding knowledge-enhancement, skill development and strategic perspectives – up to 20 points
- Application is specific, complete and cohesive – up to 10 points
Each submission will be scored by three independent reviewers. The average of the two highest scores will determine the final score. Proposals will be selected in the order of their rank up to the number of open sessions. AZCEH may select proposals out of the order of their rank when and if it is deemed necessary to improve the mix of sessions and will result in improved conference quality for attendees.
Courtesy for Presenter
By submitting a proposal, all selected presenters and co-presenters understand that:
- Conference presenters selected under this RFP are considered volunteers and as such, no cash remuneration will be made.
- Conference lead and co-presenters must complete online registration, even if presenting ONLY and not attending sessions.
- AZCEH recognizes the value each presenter brings to the conference. AZCEH will therefore reduce conference registration fees by $50 for the lead presenter and each additional co-presenter (limit 5 total session presenters, please) as selected under this RFP to encourage presenters’ attendance in other breakout sessions and/or the luncheon keynote speaker session.
- Lead presenters will be notified of proposal status by August 10, 2012.
All questions concerning this RFP should be directed to Joan Serviss, Executive Director of the Arizona Coalition to End Homelessness at (602) 340-9393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your dedication to ending homelessness in Arizona and willingness to share your expertise with our community of providers.